Someone struggling with an addiction deserves compassion and support, not judgment. Addiction does not discriminate and can happen to anyone regardless of age, income, or environment. It is beneficial to seek professional help to achieve safe, successful sobriety. Trying to recover on your own often fails and can even be dangerous. It is ideal to go through the various stages of recovery surrounded by professionals who know how to help people overcome addiction.
Detox is an essential early stage in the treatment and recovery process. Before participating in outpatient treatment or therapy programs, clients must completely flush the alcohol out of their system. We provide drug and alcohol detox at Rise Above Treatment to help our clients through the difficult and uncomfortable process.
Understanding Drug and Alcohol Detox
The timeline for drug and alcohol detox depends on a variety of factors. For example, the type of substance abused, the average quantity or duration of alcohol or drug consumption, or a co-occurring mental health condition can influence a person’s experience with detox and withdrawal. The length and severity of drug and alcohol detox are different for every client. A general overview of certain substances and their withdrawal timeline is as follows:
- Alcohol – 6 to 12 hours after the last drink, individuals experience mild symptoms such as headache, insomnia, and mild tremors. Symptoms typically peak over 24 to 72 hours after heavy drinking stops. Withdrawal lasts 3 to 4 days but can last up to 8 days.
- Heroin and prescription painkillers – Withdrawal symptoms for these short-acting opioids generally start 8 to 24 hours after the last use and last an average of 4 to 10 days.
- Longer-acting opioids – For longer-acting opioids like methadone, it can take 2 to 4 days for symptoms to emerge. Withdrawal generally fades within 10 days.
- Benzodiazepines – For individuals abusing benzos like Xanax and Valium can experience withdrawal symptoms within 1 to 4 days after their last use. Symptoms tend to peak in severity in the first two weeks, but in some cases, certain symptoms can persist for months or years without treatment.
At Rise Above Treatment, we provide a drug and alcohol detox center to help clients manage withdrawal safely and comfortably. We also offer various substance abuse treatment programs where individuals receive quality care and have their specific addiction and recovery needs to be met.
Finding Drug and Alcohol Detox Near Me
To become sober safely and effectively, it is critical to go through drug and alcohol detox in a healthy environment with medical supervision. For those in California looking for drug and alcohol detox near me, Rise Above Treatment in Murrieta, CA, offers treatment to Southern California residents. When an individual chronically abuses drugs or alcohol, their body and mind depend on it. Experiencing detox and withdrawal can be an uncomfortable and painful process.
Some common drug and alcohol detox withdrawal symptoms include:
- Trembling and tremors
- Anxiety and depression
- Mood changes
- Heart palpitations
Detox and withdrawal are challenging and overwhelming. However, it is an essential first step in treatment. Clients cannot move forward with their recovery without fully detoxing. A drug and alcohol detox program are ideal for a healthy and successful recovery. Do not wait to start your recovery journey and return to the life you want.
Find Out More About Drug and Alcohol Detox at Rise Above Treatment
Once clients complete the detox process, they can continue their recovery through our various treatment and therapy programs. Some of the programs and services we offer clients are:
- Dual diagnosis treatment program
- Early intervention program
- Intensive outpatient treatment
- Partial hospitalization program
- Medication-assisted treatment program
- Residential treatment center
- Relapse prevention plan
- Sober living center
If you are ready to start your recovery journey with detox, contact Rise Above Treatment now at 855.948.6325.