Struggling with drug and alcohol use can be challenging, and looking for help can be even more complicated. While many people decide to use a residential treatment program, there are many reasons to use an outpatient rehabilitation program. Outpatient programs provide the same medical and mental health support as inpatient treatment programs without staying at a facility for an extended period. If you know you need support dealing with your mental health or substance use disorders, an intensive outpatient program in Murrieta will help you.
Why Is Outpatient Rehab in Los Angeles so Important?
Access to outpatient rehabilitation programs is essential for people to overcome their addictions. In Los Angeles, drug overdoses accounted for 27.5% of deaths of homeless people, according to data gathered in 2021.1 If outpatient programs are available to people in need, they will learn to fight their addictions effectively to live happy and productive lives.
What Are the Benefits of Outpatient Treatment?
Deciding to participate in outpatient versus residential treatment is never easy. While residential treatment provides people with the luxury of only focusing on their recovery and sobriety, outpatient treatment will allow people to remain focused on work and their other responsibilities. Here are some benefits of participating in an outpatient program:
- Flexibility – People can attend an outpatient program around their schedule. Participants will have to adhere to a specific schedule in an inpatient program. Having the opportunity to attend on your terms might increase the probability that you will complete the program.
- Less expensive – Inpatient treatment includes the cost of room and board, making the expense higher than outpatient programs.
- An effective option – Outpatient treatment programs help people learn to deal with and manage their triggers while on the road to recovery. An inpatient program might wean you off drugs, but the real test will come once your stay is over.
Murrieta, CA is a sleepy residential community where participating in an outpatient treatment program will provide you with the many benefits of remaining in your home during recovery.
Who Will Benefit from Outpatient Treatment?
The benefits of outpatient care also depend on the participant and their environment. Outpatient rehab in Los Angeles is best suited for:
- Someone who can live in a drug and trigger-free environment.
- A strong, sober living community and network
- A person with familial or professional obligations
- A high level of independence
- Someone who has completed a residential program and wants additional support
What Happens in an Outpatient Rehab Program?
Recovery and sobriety do not happen in a vacuum. It requires courage, self-discipline, and the decision to make a change in your life. An outpatient rehabilitation program can support someone ready to make a change in their lives by offering flexible meeting and check-in times. You will likely attend treatment programs five times per week for at least 90 days in an outpatient rehabilitation program.
Program coordinators will provide you with individual and group therapy to help you identify and manage the emotional triggers that led you to addiction. These therapy sessions will also help you get support from mental health practitioners and your peers.
Additionally, you will learn life skills and have access to resources that will help you once you finish your treatment.
Get on the Road to Recovery at Rise Above Treatment
If you are ready to transition from having an active substance use disorder to learning how to manage your emotions, it is time to seek help. At Rise Above Treatment, our outpatient treatment programs support people transitioning from inpatient programs or those who need to remain home.
Outpatient rehabilitation is not easy, but the reward of becoming sober will outweigh any challenges you will face. Contact Rise Above Treatment at 855.948.6325 to get started today.