The road to becoming sober is not often easy. While many people struggle to remain drug-free, the temptation to begin abusing again is often not easy to avoid. People with substance use disorders often have to navigate their emotional triggers to stay sober. The solution may be a sober community that will support your recovery journey. If you are looking to remain drug and alcohol-free, a sober living program near Los Angeles can help you.
Rise Above knows how important it is to stay engaged and entertained during your sobriety journey. Located in beautiful California, you can enjoy a safe, judgment-free environment to focus on your sobriety while engaging with our compassionate team. Call (877) 641-0717 today to get started.
What Is Sober Living?
When someone has completed a drug rehabilitation program, their next step is to maintain sobriety. However, remaining drug-free is not always easy, especially when there are always temptations in your environment.
A sober living community is a program supporting people to maintain their recovery. Participants will live and grow in a supportive community in a structured and supervised environment.
Here are some benefits of sober living:
- Get to know yourself
- Begin to enjoy life again
- Improved health
- Repair your finances
- Reestablish friendship and familial relationships
- Anxiety and depression decrease
- Energy improves drastically
- Improved memory
- Time for yourself
- Therapeutic support programs
- Engaging with peers
The road to recovery can be littered with diversions and distractions. Maintaining sobriety can be challenging, but with the help of a supportive community, long-term recovery is possible.
What Types of Activities Will Support Your Sobriety?
Establishing new positive habits in your life is most beneficial while on your road to recovery. It’s important to create space for yourself to have new experiences and memories outside of addiction and substance abuse. Participating in sober activities will support someone’s ability to remain drug or alcohol-free as they will continue to focus on their health and wellness. The traumatic triggers that got them dependent on drugs or alcohol will have no room in a sober living community.
Here are some examples of activities that will support your sobriety:
- Declutter and organize – Simple, daily tasks such as washing dishes, deleting old emails, deleting old voicemails, decluttering, and organizing closets and drawers will help you feel better about yourself and your living space.
- Sober karaoke – Sing your heart out with a group of friends and have a great time sober with only non-alcoholic beverages.
- Creating art – Has proven therapeutic. Use your visual expression to create a picture. You can use paint, markers, and pencils to create your work of art.
- Participate in a scavenger hunt – You can find items in your home, online, or even within your neighborhood. Use this task-oriented game to give you a sense of accomplishment as you check each thing off of your list.
- Gardening – Is another therapeutic activity with benefits and rewards. Planting anything is great for the environment. Beautifying your scenery creates a peaceful space that you can care for and watch grow and change as you tend to it.
Stay focused on your journey and achieve the results you desire. Rise Above Treatment has sober activities for the summer to help.
Achieve Sobriety with Rise Above Treatment
Remaining sober requires discipline and support. A sober living community will provide you with:
- Space for navigating your emotions
- Mental health specialists
- Medical staff
- Peers to support your journey
In addition, sober activities are always planned for participants so that they can learn to enjoy events and special occasions without using drugs or alcohol.
At Rise Above Treatment, we will guide you through your journey to recovery. Contact us at (877) 641-0717 today to get started with the first steps to sobriety.